Kerry Heaps is the Founder and President of Kerry’s Network, Inc., a marketing organization that provides Business-to-Business Marketing services. She is also the host of Strictly Marketing Talk Radio and publisher of Strictly Marketing Magazine. The magazine has recently spun off an online community for Strictly Women in Marketing, for Women (and Men) looking to gain more media exposure.
Steps to create and maintain focus:
1. Take a breath. This will help with the feeling of overwhelm.
2. Make a list – daily, weekly, monthly. Write down your goals for the day. Keep this list relatively short, listing the things that must get accomplished.
3. Get an accountability partner. Work together on a specific set of goals within a certain timeline.
4. Use a timer. Set a time limit on a specific task. Stay focused on that task for that time frame.
5. Schedule your time. Ensure that your calendar is accurate, followed, and accessible from anywhere.
6. Color-coding. Use this in a way that allows you to know what has to be done categorically.
7. Visualize your goals. Create a vision board. Use it as an on-going visual reminder of your goals and to maintain focus.
8. Delegate. Let others do the things that you don’t need to do. Let go of complete control.
9. Take a walk. Step away from what you are doing to clear your mind and maintain focus.
Best advice you would give someone:
Trust your gut. Don’t listen to advise from others if it’s not in alignment with what your gut is telling you.
What you believe that has gotten you to where you are today:
Perseverance. You are going to have bad days, you just have to remember why you started doing what you are doing… pick yourself up, remember tomorrow is another day, and persevere.
How to find and connect with Kerry:
www.strictlywomeninmarketing.wildapricot.org – Membership based site, for people in the marketing industry, with a media directory. There is also a free downloadable audio recording – Top 5 tips to gain more media coverage for your business.
www.strictlymarketingmagazine.com – Main contact site.
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for joining me on this episode. If you have some feedback you’d like to share. Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see to the left of this post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Game Changer Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them. And while you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes (which you can do by clicking here now) to get automatic updates!
Until next time!